Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oy, not this BS again

Originally posted 0n 06/06/06


Ok, go read this and come on back:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13121953/site/newsweek/?GT1=8211

Go ahead, I'll wait...

Ok, I read this article and it reminded me of the last time this bit of hate disguised as a politics rolled around. Last time, I actually had a couple of folks show up on my doorstep campaigning for this bullshit. They came to the door and asked me if I wanted to protect the institution of marriage. My first question was: "Is it in danger?" They went on to explain to me how allowing gays to marry would undermine the sacred bond that was supposed to be between a man and a woman. I blinked at them and shut my door.

This is a stupid concept on many levels. First, if marriage is so sacred, why is divorce legal? It seems to me that logically if you wanted to protect a union you would ban the very act the literally nullifies it. I wonder how many of these crusaders who have such a raging hard-on to protect this sacred institution are divorced. Do you smell that? It smells like hypocrisy! Oh, my! Hypocrisy involved in a "moral" issue!?!? What are the odds? Pretty damn good.

Another thing, if I were married, how exactly would it affect me if Bob and Joe two states over are doing the naked pretzel under government sanction as well? Answer: It doesn't affect me in the slightest. If your faith in the bond between you and your spouse is that easily shaken not only should you not be married, you should immediately kill yourself and spare us all from your existence. You are too stupid to live. Stop wasting our air and polluting the gene pool!

This issue is all just smoke and mirrors anyway. There is no legitimate reason why gays can't get married. "Because god said so" is not a legitimate reason! Whose god is right? My god says that you should send me all your money and supermodels should have large amounts of sex with me. Now whose god is right? I'm sure you can imagine which god I'm voting for.

But, you know, it is a slippery slope. First the gays are allowed to marry and then the blacks then Jews then mixed marriages and then, before you know it, the sun goes supernova and we all have our atoms scattered across the cosmos! That's what happens, apparently: Gay marriage = Supernova. But at least we will all be able to enjoy the same rights before it all goes boom. You know, equal rights, the thing that 99.8% of the population says they want.

Can you smell that....?



Rant over...for now

No comments: